Friday, May 24, 2013

Summer of sewing

I have decided this will be my summer of sewing.  When we were packing up for Michigan, it was starting to look like we'd have a little more room in the car than we though.  Chris asked if there was anything else I might like to bring, so I put the sewing machine in the "if it fits" pile.  I'm so glad we brought it now, because I'm already kind of addicted to making clothes for Jane.  This is the first real article of clothing I've made since my mom helped me sew a skirt when I was a teenager.  I mostly just use online tutorials, and like to try and figure it out myself.  It's not necessarily the smartest approach, because this peter pan collar gave me some serious grief.  In the end, I did it totally wrong, but you can't  tell from the outside.  I now know how to do it right though... I think.
Anyway, here is her first little top.  I'm almost finished with her next little dress, and I have the fabric for another shirt ready to go.  It really is addictive.  

3 comments:

David and Mary Walton said...

You are doing great!! Sooo cute.

Lisa said...

CUTE!!! You are amazing! I can't wait to see what's next.

Jessica Mitchell said...

I love the bows on the back. You are a domestic GODDESS!!!!