Friday, December 18, 2009

Fancy Schmancy

I have been wanting to host a formal dinner ever since QuicKutz released the letterpress. I had so much fun letterpressing these invitations and then doing the place settings. I LOVE this tool!


The flowers look really yellow in these photos, but they were really green mums.

The dinner was really fun. We have a huge dining room table, which was the other thing that inspired this event. We thought we'd put it to good use and invite 10 guests to join us for dinner. I didn't take any photos during the dinner. Sorry, I was WAY too busy.
Our menu went as follows:
Drinks: pomegranate 7up with real pomegranate seeds (thanks, Scott)
Hors d'oeuvres: spicy chicken dip in tortilla scoops and mini fruit kabobs (thanks, Elisha)
Soup: cheesy cauliflower soup (thanks, some random website)
Salad: spinach salad with apples and caramelized nuts (thanks, Amy)
Palette cleanser: Mango sorbet (thanks, Haagen Daz)
Entrée: Honey Mustard Chicken... sort of (thanks to the creative team work of Amy and Amy), roasted red potatoes and asparagus
Dessert: Raspberry and kiwi trifle (thanks, Sarah) (It looked really festive... wish I had a picture.)

We did get plenty of pictures of the following activity. Blind Christmas Karaoke! To those who have never played, it goes like this. Select a song from your iPod you THINK you know the words to, in my case, Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas Is You (I LOVE that song). Put the ear buds in and crank up the volume until you can't possible hear anything, ESPECIALLY your own voice. Place the blind fold on so you won't be distracted by the people laughing at you, and belt it out. It's actually really fun and quite liberating with the blindfold on... and you're sure to be off key so it's a blast for everyone else to watch too.


Our dinner guests, minus Chris, Scott, and Scott.
"All I want for Christmas..... iiiiiiss Yooooouuuuuuu! (I think I may have been pointing at Jamie)

This duet had us almost in tears we were laughing so hard.

Kalli, doesn't believe in conforming to the dress code requests in invitations. :) Yes, she is dressed as a Christmas tree, and yes, that is a real Christmas tree skirt.

2 comments:

elisha said...

Looks like soooo much fun. Christmas tree girl is killin' me. That's halarious!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, the table looks AMAZING. Love the invitations. So professional looking. Love the place cards, love the mums, love everything. Love the photography too! Really it's amazing.