Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I'm gonna marry this man



Yes, it's true.  I am engaged to be married to Christopher Terao Silva.

I was in the middle of writing my account of the full proceedings of the engagement, but I just read his incredibly comprehensive report on his blog and I think I'll refer you there.

I don't even have any of those "that's not the way it went, let me tell you how it really happened..." additions.  He got it spot on.

I will add that I thought there was no way he would surprise me.  I knew it was coming and I had my nails done every night in anticipation.  I was watching him like a hawk for any signs that something was coming.  And I thought for sure that I knew him well enough to recognize  something special brewing in his mind.  Turns out he's an awesome liar and I don't know him at all.  Oooo, a man of mystery.  I like that too.

The "the ring isn't going to be ready for another two weeks" move was the clincher.  I knew it was true and it crushed me.  Another two weeks of keeping this a secret?  I had already resigned myself to believing that he was waiting until Thanksgiving to propose to me in California just like he had been dreaming of since he was five,  (Boys don't do that?) but another two weeks might have killed me.
When we walked through that door into the dining room and I saw this gorgeous display and knew immediately what was happening.  I threw my arms around Chris and cried tears of joy (something he's going to have to get used to, just like I'll cry through my whole wedding... just like I'm crying right now.)

I am so excited to marry him.  He is such a great man and I feel incredibly blessed to even know him.  He is so patient and humble and I'm just drawn to his positive, energetic approach to life.  Can't wait to start our life together come March.

Thanks for the romantic dinner, Chris, and the best gift of my life.  I will remember that day forever.


(Lauren, thanks for the beautiful table scape)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Amy!!! You are so lucky and I wish you all the best with him. You two are super cute and I can't wait to see more pictures come March! Enjoy the planning process - it is all worth it in the end. Congrats again!

Marietta said...

What a wonderful story! I loved all of it! Thanks for sharing! I am so excited for the two of you, I really do think you are perfect for each other!

The Seaquist Family said...

Love the story! Love that HE wrote it down too. I am just so happy for you. You are just the most amazing person and I feel lucky to know you. What a great surprise. Congrats again!

Laura-Lu said...

Amy!!!! Congratulations! OK, this going to sound like a complete lie but just yesterday I was thinking about you- for no particular reason, just popped in my head- and I thought, "I think she's gonna marry that guy". True story. I was so excited when I saw your post, I totally got the chills. Anyway, I'm just excited and happy for you. I'll have to meet this lucky guy someday.

Elisha and Scott said...

We are soooooooo excited for you both!

David and Mary Walton said...

That was so fun to read!! And the pictures are wonderful. I printed off that first one...love it. Wow, the table looks fabulous...very romantic. And I loved reading Chris's report of it all. So happy!

Lisa said...

Dang it, Amy, when you cry, I cry too. {March 19th is going to be one big crying headache.} I'm SOOOOOO happy for you! What a wonderful night. Love the designer table setting! Great pictures of both of you! Love you.

Adventures in Kamalot said...

Congrats, Amy! I talked to Sarah tonight and she told me your news! I'm so happy for you!

Unknown said...

Well, my friend...I went over and read his account, and I think that boy really likes you back. :)
So happy for the both of you!
Congrats!

logans mom said...

How exciting!!!!!! I am so excited for you! Just put me to work on any details you need!

Ashley said...

YES!!!!!!!!! Amy, you rock and I am so incredibly happy for you!!

Stephanie said...

Hey Amy -
I just realized that your still blogging...haven't been on here since Quickutz DT days - LOL!!
Anyways I just wanted to say hi and huge congratulations on your engagement!!
Have fun planning your wedding! :-)