Wednesday, December 14, 2011

throw pillows

I have been so excited about making these, but I had to get the Christmas card off before I let myself start this project.  I saw some Christmas throw pillows at Target I really liked and thought, I can make that.  I think that's the beauty of the Silhouette CAMEO.  I can make anything with that thing, especially since it cuts fabric.  I LOVE it, and there will be many more fabric cutting projects to come.  Anyway, what I really wanted was throw pillow covers so I wouldn't have to store bulky throw pillows for the rest of the year.  I found these red ones at IKEA for about 5 bucks.  Sweet!  I just cut this snowflake out of grey and white fabric using the Silhouette CAMEO and sewed them onto the pillow cases.  Boom!  Christmas throw pillows that match my Christmas tree.   Now on to my next project.  Christmas stockings!  Yikes.  We'll see how that one goes.  We're really stretching my elementary sewing skills here.  


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow. They are SOOO cute, Amy. Great job. I have the same IKEA pillow covers -- with no snowflake. Love your wrapping paper too.

Elisha and Scott said...

Love them! So cute! I love that you have access to all of that and are taking advantage! LUCKY!!!!