Monday, July 30, 2012

I miss my ankle bones...


No, seriously, where did they go?

In a couple days I'll be 34 weeks along.  Just a month and a half left to go.  Admittedly, that sounds like a really, really long time to keep growing, but I'm sure it will go by quickly too.  Sorry, no great profile shots right now, but maybe I'll post one soon.  Just trust me when I say I look big enough.  I frequently get the "Just a couple more weeks, right?" or "I bet that baby is ready to come out soon" comments.  

Well, I just thought it might be time for some random pregnancy thoughts and updates.

My pregnancy is going pretty well, I'd say.  On the long list of miserable pregnancy symptoms, only a few of them seem to apply to me.  I still get back pain when I sit down, but I don't think it's quite as bad as the second trimester and I think I've learned to manage it a little better... or I have just accepted it. I'm not sure.  

I can't say I love being pregnant in the summer.  For a girl who is always cold, I sure have really jumped to the other end of the spectrum... or perhaps just normalized.  Is this how everyone else lives?  Just hot and sweaty all the time? My window of acceptable temperatures has always been pretty narrow, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
  
On our 9 hour drive back from California, I took a nice little nap and when I woke up, my feet had swollen to twice their size.  They were enormous and we couldn't stop laughing.  After walking around  a little the swelling went down a bit, but my ankle bones have been a rare sighting since.

Last week I got my first ever pedicure with some girlfriends.  It was glorious especially since I don't like trying to reach my toes as much these days.

Pregnancy brain is a real thing.  Recently, my brain just feels a little foggier.  I'm trying to get in the habit of writing things down more.  Yesterday I submitted my tithing with an almost completely blank check.  Nice.

I don't know that I'm more emotional these days, but I'm certainly no less.  Have you seen the Target commercial with the kids getting accepted to college?  Makes me cry every time.

Well, that's me at 33 weeks.  



4 comments:

Caitlin said...

You look so darling! We can't wait to meet this little one :)

David and Mary Walton said...

That was fun to read. You are so cute and I Love the dress. I can't wait!!

The Seaquist Family said...

So fun to hear about your pregnancy! I LOVE the dress. You are beautiful! I had one of my kids at 34 weeks. Yikes! I don't recommend, but it was nice to not be pregnant. Just a few more weeks....oh, and don't you just love those helpful people with their lovely comments. I was so big with Ava that I stopped going to church at 37 weeks because I couldn't take the "going to pop" comments any more. Good luck with the last few weeks. Best reward at the end of thing journey!

Lisa said...

Love your dress! So fun to read all of your pregnancy notes. I was so happy to see my ankle bones the day after I delivered. I just woke up that second day and there they were... so happy! Reminds me of a lot of my blog posts right as I got to the end of Luke and Matthew's pregnancies. Hang in there!! Love you.