Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Jane at 15 Months


Jane is mostly an angel these days.  She is so sweet and plays happily by herself most of the time.  Several times a day she brings me books to read to her and she often busies herself with whatever she can find right next to my feet.  When I’m getting ready in the morning, she’s emptying my nail polish and old make up out of the drawer.  When I’m making dinner in the kitchen, she’s rearranging the Tupperware cupboard and spreading plastic cups and straws everywhere.  When I’m working on the computer, she's rummaging through drawers or finding snacks in the diaper bag.  When I fold laundry, she pulls clothes out of the laundry bin and hands them to me one by one.  She’s my little helper and I adore spending my days with her.  She chatters more, but doesn’t say very many actual words.  A couple weeks ago, she started saying “no” and shaking her head, but because it’s her only word right now and she says it so sweetly, we still think it’s adorable.  I’m sure we’ll get sick of it real soon.  She also says "ruff ruff" when she sees a dog and occasionally makes the sign for "more".  She gives hugs and kisses (which melts my heart) and will find her nose, cheeks, ears, tongue, hair and belly button when we ask her.    









Our front window is low enough for her to look outside, and for some reason, she likes to lick the glass.  (I know the window looks really dirty, but I promise that's on the outside.)



3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Precious little angel! Can't wait to see her!

David and Mary Walton said...

Those are awesome pictures!! What a doll!

Lisa said...

Cute girl! Love her hat!