Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter


I'm trying to be better at preparing projects for Jane to work on and Easter gave me a few more opportunities.  I cut out a whole bunch of paper eggs that she painted and then we put them up on the walls to decorate.  Another day we colored and put together a bunny with moving arms, legs, and ears.  And then of course, we dyed easter eggs.  I let Jane paint them with the dye because that seemed more interactive and then we filled them in by dying them afterward.



On Easter morning, we let the kids look for their Easter baskets right after breakfast.  I had a string of yarn winding through the house to where the baskets were hidden in the closet.  It took Jane a bit to get the idea, but soon she was following the string and helping her little stuffed duck do the same.  When she got to the baskets she was thrilled.  She went straight for the Pez dispenser and couldn’t really focus on anything else until the cartridge was emptied.  They both got books, bubbles, and lots of candy.  Jane is pretty picky about her candy, but I knew what to get her; Laffy Taffy, Skittles, Kit Kats, and candy necklaces.  Peter is less discriminatory and appreciates sugar in all its forms.  That afternoon we did an outdoor Easter egg hunt too.   Peter didn’t really get it, but Jane had a great time running around picking up eggs without any competition.  It was a beautiful spring day and we enjoyed just being outside for a while.










Later that evening, we went out and tried out Jane's new bubbles.  She was dancing around and saying, "I LOVE bubbles, I LOVE bubbles!"




2 comments:

David and Mary Walton said...

You get the most amazing pictures!! So many I love of these!

Lisa said...

Cute kids! I love Peter with his basket and seeing Jane reading a book behind. Beautiful.