Sunday, May 1, 2016

Alice's Blessing



Alice Mary Silva was blessed on May 1st, 2016 by her father, Christopher Silva.

I didn't hear too much of it because she was crying too loudly.  At first I didn't even realize it was her. I actually thought, someone should take that baby out.  It even threw Chris off his game a little, but she still received a great blessing.  She was blessed that she might see the hand of Heavenly Father in her life and feel the holy spirit.  It was noted that she was born into very fortunate circumstances to a family that dotes on her and that she brings a wonderful balance to that family, and she was promised that she will find health and joy as she follows Heavenly Father and covenants with Him in the temple.

I'm so grateful for the priesthood power that my husband holds and honors.  It is such a blessing to our family.  It is so easy to get lost in the daily grind of spilled cereal and lost socks, but moments like these, like baby blessings, are so special and help remind me of the significant role that family plays in the great Plan of Happiness.  It's always nice to take a step back and remember, we're working on something so much bigger.  We love our little Alice so much and feel truly blessed to have her join our family.




Alice's dress was made by mother, Mary Walton, and worn by both my sister and myself for our baby blessings, as well as all of Lisa's girl's for their blessings. I'm so glad she got to wear it.  It was inaccessible when Jane was blessed, so she didn't wear it.



No comments: