Sunday, October 19, 2008

Rainbow Wars

I was at a dinner party this evening when one of the girls mentioned something about Expo 86. Being only 5 years old at the time, I have very few memories of the world fair, but we bonded immediately over two things. "Do you remember the grey motorcycles?" she asked. Do I ever! "...and Rainbow Wars?" We screamed like girlfriends that haven't seen each other in years. The rest of the group was a little hesitant, but we found Rainbow Wars online and watched it together bonding Kallie and I as friends for life. We were both five years old the last time we saw it. The special effects aren't quite as good as I remembered but I think it just adds to the charm. I have included the link in case you want to reminice with me.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1a3e8_rainbow-war_shortfilms

After we watched Rainbow Wars, someone was reminded of the is Sony commercial. I don't know if you have seen it, but it's amazing. It's all real footage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A08HQP_SlOA

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness. I can't believe you found that. I was 11 at Expo 86 and loved that movie too. I even tried to find it when I was a teacher to show to my 2nd graders and couldn't track it down anywhere. Of course it's on the internet now. Megan and I just watched the whole thing and now she wants to watch it again!!! THANK YOU.

Geneva said...

Amy its always entertaining to visit your blog and see what you're up to for fun. You are a hoot to read up on....always having a great time where ever you are!! Is the defying gravity picture of you an upside down shot? It must be...?

Amy Silva said...

It's a nicely timed hair-flip actually.

Lisa said...

I can't believe no one else in the family has posted on this?! No one else remembers Rainbow Wars???? This is crazy. My kids have watched it a couple times now and love it!