Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Over the river and up the cliff to the abandoned restaurant we go...

Last summer the abandoned restaurant on the cliffs above Bridal Veil Falls burned down. Since then, I have been anxious to return and check out the damage. I took my friend Nick with me and we made the hike this afternoon. It's a shame there's no longer a deck to sit on and enjoy the stunning view, and the place where Mark, Jared, Travis and I carved our names into the counter is obviously gone too, but the skeleton structure and twisted metal left an interesting new destination to explore. Most of all, it was just a great day to get outside and go hiking.

Just pondering.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Gorgeous even while hiking. You amaze me.

Mom said...

Wow, I didn't know you were back from your trip in time to go hiking! That looks like a very intense and difficult hike. What an amazing view. Fun!

elisha said...

looks cool

logans mom said...

Darling pictures Amy! I have never been up there, at least since it was burned down.

Jared said...

WHAT!!!! It burned!?!?!? Our names are gone! I can't believe this... I'm just so grateful we have pictures for our legacy to live on. Man I miss our fun hikes and good times.