Saturday, June 12, 2010

Runners

Both Mike and Elisha were running in the Utah Valley Marathon on Saturday. Mike for his first half and Elisha for her 4th full marathon. The marathon started at some heinous hour in the morning, but the whole family managed to get up to see them cross the finish line. That was the first time I've been anywhere near a marathon and frankly, being that I'm not a runner myself, I didn't expect to get so emotional. It is such a cool atmosphere as everyone cheers each runner on. If I dedicated a second to imagining what the runners are thinking, I'd get choked up. Knowing that you're about to accomplish something amazing and knowing that the whole miserable experience is almost over must be incredible. In fact, as Mike rounded the corner, I think my voice crack a little as I cheered him on. Mike did much better than expected considering his knee had been giving him trouble all week. Elisha beat her best time by 15 minutes. I'm so proud of you both!



Is that a supportive family, or what? I love these guys. Signs or no signs, they have always been that supportive for me in whatever I do.







4 comments:

Mike Walton said...

Great post Amy! That is fun to see pictures of me running; I know I'm vain. I'll have everyone know... I didn't run with my mouth open the entire 13.1 miles. I was just really sucking air that last stretch. Thanks for coming Amy!

Lisa said...

We must be sisters... I couldn't help getting emotional either. Fun pictures. So glad you are posting so much.

Elisha and Scott said...

Thanks Amy for the post. And thanks so much for being there. You all are a great support team. Glad you got some pictures of my finish. I'd love a CD of all your pics from the whole week when you get a chance. Or next time you come up, just get a thumb drive of them and we'll download. I'll be directing people to your blog!

Elisha and Scott said...

btw...i beat my best time by 4 mins, i beat my first marathon time by 16 :)