Saturday, August 7, 2010

Heber Demolition Derby

I have been trying to go to the Heber Demolition Derby for years now.  It always sells out two months in advance and I'm just never that on the ball.  Fortunately, I have a friend who is and he just bought tons of tickets knowing he would be able to sell them to people like me.  When I saw his Facebook announcement the day before, I jumped all over that and it. It was the greatest night with the smashing and the cheering and the chunks of dirt hitting you in the stands, the authentic WT and the posers, the fry bread and the fireworks and the longest and slowest national anthem of my life... (sigh)  This is what summer is all about. In addition to the regular event they had the truck derby, the powderpuff division, and the herby derby which was by far the favorite.  Those little cars and gain so much speed and maneuver so much better.  That was when the moment we had all been waiting for came to life.  The Mickey Mouse car came screaming from the other side of the arena, broadsided a small car, flipping it over and landing on top of it.  AMAZING!  The crowds went crazy and then again when the driver crawled out unharmed.



3 comments:

The Kyles said...

Amy, you are so pretty! I just thought you should now that!

David and Mary Walton said...

Looks like fun.

Lisa said...

Great pictures. Looks like a ton of fun!