Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dirty Dash


Down and Dirty!  Yep.  That's my man.  Chris ran in the Midway Dirty Dash on Saturday; a 10K mud run.  He had a variety of muddy obstacle to overcome including walls, tubes, bails of hay, and...

a wicked-awesome slip'n'slide!


I know it looks like Chris is just running around out in the wilderness by himself, but I'm pretty sure he's still going the right way.


This is where it gets really good.  Contestants had to crawl through the last mud puddle.  Some of the crazier contestants (and there were a lot of them) were cannon balling into this last pool.


The whole event was a ton of fun with the most ridiculous outfits you can imagine.  Nothing really beat the four guys in coordinating fluorescent tiger-striped wrestling singlets, though.

They are doing a 5K version in May and I am totally down with that. Scott and Elisha, you should join us.

4 comments:

Elisha and Scott said...

Sounds like a blast! We're in. I just ran a 5k on Saturday, so I'm ready to go!

David and Mary Walton said...

Great pictures, Amy. Who will take the pictures next May if you are in it? I'm sure I would have loved doing that... at a much younger age.

Lisa said...

Wow. Did Chris' shirt start out white? Definitely some great pictures. Love the picture of him running alone in the wilderness. You'll have to think up a matching outfits for next time!

Elisha and Scott said...

Oh man, I totally wish I would have done that. Looks like my kind of fun! Mud, running, obstacles....can't get much better than that. We are in! This is Elisha's comment btw