Tuesday, October 5, 2010

St. George Marathon


I just love this guy!  Look how great he looks at mile 23.  If you want a detailed account of the St. George Marathon, visit Chris' blog.  I'll just give you the Cliffs Notes version and the pictures.  Chris ran in the St. George Marathon on Saturday.  He did amazing beating his best time despite his girlfriends frequent interference in his training schedule.  His official time was 3:28:05.

I'm new to marathons.  I have only been around two of them, but I think they are so powerful.  You know how some people cry at weddings?  Apparently, I cry at marathons.  I love seeing so many people cheering on complete strangers.  Is there another sport where everyone involved wants nothing more than to see EVERYONE succeed?

Chris, tired of marathon training and dreading running 26.2 miles decided before the marathon that it would be a while before he did another one.  Time for a break.  Yeah right.  He was collapsed on the ground at the end and already planning the next one.  You amaze me, Chris.  I'm so proud of you!







5 comments:

David and Mary Walton said...

Really good pictures, Amy. I know....they are emotional, even to watch.

Silvs said...

Correction. You cry at marathons and at weddings.

Elisa said...

They are intense huh! It makes me suddenly want to run. And I don't run. :) Good job Chris!

Lisa said...

Ya... wow. Really impressive. Way to go Chris!

Elisha and Scott said...

Great shots. So fun for you to be there! Congrats to Chris. Gotta LOVE feeling "good" at the end of a marathon!