Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Worst packing job ever...

Yeah, I don't know how it happened.  I guess I was distracted or something before this trip, but this was without a doubt my worst packing job.  I forgot my toiletry bag including my toothbrush, deodorant, toothpaste etc (fortunately most of my make-up was in my purse), my cell phone charger, my small point & shoot camera with its waterproof case, and my Nikon D7000 charger... and my battery was dead before I could take my first photo.  Yup.  Sad, sad day for Amy Silva.  Can you imagine me walking around gorgeous Mayan ruins on the coast of a turquoise sea without my D7000?  I can and it hurt just a little.  Thank goodness Dave and Caitlin gave us a sweet little video/point&shoot camera for our wedding.  Seriously, Dave, it was a life saver because I just don't do vacations without cameras and it's awesome for videos.  We love it.  So fear not, friends, we have a couple pictures from Mexico for you yet.  In the mean time, there is a banana, chocolate, and carmel crepe calling my name.  More later.  See ya.

2 comments:

Sarah Walton said...

I just clicked on your blog thinking, "Why would Amy be blogging on her honeymoon?" But sure enough! haha . . . . Such a bummer you can't use your camera, but I'm sure you guys are still going to have some great pics! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!!! I hope you guys have had the best time. I just posted some wedding pics on our blog, and it's always fun to look through the pictures. It really was such a great day! You did such a great job with everything. Anyway, have a safe trip home, and I hope you guys have an awesome weekend in Vancouver!! P.S. I thought you didn't like bananas . . . :) But yes, that crepe does sound good!

Dave said...

So glad to hear it worked out! Looks like you guys had a great time.

Can't wait for the Silvas to come one down to CA at the end of April.