Saturday, October 1, 2011

One year ago today...

One year ago today Chris ran the St. George Marathon coming in with his best time yet.  As he crashed on the grass feeling tired, but in remarkably great shape, I helped him stretch out his sweat drenched legs.  In that moment, it became clear to me.  I wanted to be the one to take care of him.  The impression surprised me, but I felt so proud of him and proud to be the one to help him.  Later that afternoon, we sat on the couch of a rented apartment watching the afternoon session of general conference.  Dave and Caitlin had taken Mason to the instacare so we were alone.  It was here that Chris turned to me and said, "I want to marry you" to which I replied "I want to marry you, too."  And that was it.  The decision was unanimous.  We were going to get married.  We laughed that shocked, holy-crap-did-that-actually-just-happen kind of laugh and let the reality of it settle in.  From that moment on, it was just excitement.
Now seven months after our wedding day, we still laugh that shocked laugh in blissful disbelief that we are actually married.  We love it.  Chris has been the greatest blessing in my life.  He's thoughtful, patient, and so much fun.  I am just so blessed.

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Dave and I were just reminiscing this weekend about what happened a year ago too! We're so glad you two made that decision :)

David and Mary Walton said...

Dad and I were talking about that too during conference. Time sure flies. Happy memories.

Lisa said...

I'm so glad!