Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day 4 - MAKES ME SMILE




This little collection definitely makes me smile.  When Chris and I were on our second date, we wandered around the Border's bookstore killing some time before Sherlock Holmes started in the theatre next door.  I mentioned to him how much I adored these designer cloth-covered classics.  I just love the style!  He bought me my first two for my birthday a couple months later.  Since then he has added to the collection mostly on other significant days (Christmas, Valentine's, birthdays etc) but several have just shown up with no prompt at all, sometimes wrapped up as an unexpected gift and sometimes just sitting on the shelf as if it were always there.   I love them so much and mostly love that I have a sweet husband who likes to surprise me.   Someday, I will read them... but for now. I just think they're pretty.

5 comments:

Angiegirl said...

They are SO pretty. I've been admiring them from afar as well.

Well done, Chris. :)

The Seaquist Family said...

We have those same books! I have even read a few. What a sweet hubby you have!

David and Mary Walton said...

So which one do want to read first?

Lisa said...

They're beautiful!

Colette said...

Love these. I just got my first two. I have admired them for so long. I think it was actually seeing them on YOUR shelf one day that made me decide to just get a couple! Just started reading Emma. what is it about reading a book with an adorable cover that makes it so much more fun???