Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Milwaukee



Our decision to head to Milwaukee for labor day weekend was primarily based on weather.  We knew we needed to head north to escape the heat and it turned out to be a pretty great decision.  We had great weather, still a little on the hot side, but not too uncomfortable.  We stopped in Kenosha first.  I had hoped to go to the beach there, but it was a little too windy.  Fortunately, they were having a huge car show in their quaint down town streets.  We had fun walking around and picking out our favorites.  (They were also having "Cheese-a-polooza"but we didn't get to sample any of the Mac'n'cheese or grilled cheese sandwiches).

 In Milwaukee we were lucky enough to be there the weekend of the Harley Davidson custom motorcycle show.  (The largest one in North America).
As you may have guessed there were SO MANY motorcycles at the HD headquarters & museum.  We were perhaps a little out of place with our double stroller, but it was really cool to see all the bikes.


We ate at AJ Bombers, another great diner featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.  My peanut butter burger was fantastic.
Downtown Milwaukee is beautiful. There's a beautiful river running through it and we had fun walking along the river walk looking for the Bronze Fonz...





Jane loved running everywhere and thought it was pretty funny to not look at me at all when I had my camera out.  I ended up chasing her all over the place and got tons of pictures of her running and giggling uncontrollably and just a couple times I tricked her into looking my way.





2 comments:

David and Mary Walton said...

Love the pictures of chasing Jane around. What a darling!

Lisa said...

These are great pictures!! For some reason these remind me of a trip Chris and I took to Rhode Island with little Ryan and baby Kate. Those were good days. Enjoy!!! (I know you are.)