Sunday, August 9, 2015

A bit of June

June was incredibly rainy, but in spite of that, we managed to find lots of pockets of sunshine to play outside in.  Fortunately, when it wasn't raining, it wasn't too hot either, so we had to get out and take advantage.  The sandbox in our backyard was a favorite spot, but getting them to keep it in the sand table isn't easy.




 The tutu is just another accessory that goes with everything.



Jane never falls asleep at the table, so I had to take this one and add it to my sleeping series I've been working on lately.  Kids are so cute when they are sleeping, so I started sneaking in during nap time and snapping a quick picture on my phone.  Jane always starts out and usually stays in the same corner of her crib, surrounded by toys and book.  She plays for a little bit before falling asleep.  As far as I'm concerned, an hour of playing in her crib before falling asleep is just bonus time for me. When she does fall asleep I usually get at least two hours.  I love it.


Sometimes I can't believe I have kids old enough to handle themselves on a playground.  For the most part, I can just sit and watch now as they climb up and go down the slide over and over.  Well, Peter goes down the slide.  Jane is starting to get a little braver and will go down on her stomach.  Still, watching my kids race around the playground together makes me me feel that much more mature in my motherhood.



 Jane sees any platform as a stage and immediately starts demonstrating some of her ballet moves.







2 comments:

David and Mary Walton said...

Such a cute idea of taking sleeping pictures! They are always so darling. I love that Jane likes to "perform"....she's like her mother. Don't ya just love it when they play so nice together! Little sibling love.

Unknown said...

hahahaha......last picture is my favorite!!!!