Thursday, September 3, 2015

Grandma and Grandpa's visit (part 1)

 It was so much fun to have my parents come visit and show them a little taste of Indiana.  They came out just in time for apple picking season, or more specifically Honeycrisp picking season.  We got ourselves a whole bushel and ate apples for days and days.  We even made several pies, so now I have a few "freezer meals" ready to go.





I told Jane to hold some apples and I got this.  I had to coach her to hold them somewhere else.




Without a doubt, the best part of having my parents come, was watching them develop a relationship with my kids.  They were here for two weeks and the kids absolutely fell in love with them.   We went on a hike, visited the Children's Museum, and explored all over Indy (and also looked for a new house).  My parents read them stories, played games, sang songs, and lead several Seal Hunts.  My kids were in heaven and I loved it too.




2 comments:

David said...

Great memories. Playing with jane and Peter was so much fun. I wish we could come and visit once a month.

scott said...

What a fun time for them to develop that relationship! Great pictures. Those apples look sooooooo yummy!