Sunday, June 19, 2016

Dayton Air Show



 It was Chris's idea to go to the Dayton Air show.  I hadn't been to an air show since I went with my dad as a kid.  I loved it then, though, so I was on board.  I actually ended up being even more fun than I expected.  There are tons of planes and helicopters to walk around and see and impressive planes doing tricks up the sky.







This jet was our absolute favorite.  It was loud and fast and we couldn't believe some of the maneuvers it was capable of.  Jane was NOT a fan of this plane.  It was way too loud for her and she covered her ears and pouted any time a jet was flying.


Alice wasn't a fan either, but Chris couldn't get enough of it.  It was funny to look over and see this boyish perma-grin on Chris's face and then Alice just falling to pieces.


The kids did have a really fun day, despite the noise and the highlight was probably running through these sprinkler stations they had set up to help people cool down.  They always wanted to go "one mo time."






As we walked out at the end, they had a fire truck set up with the hose just going for anyone who wanted to get wet.  Jane ran through it with Chris and then surprised us further by wanting to do it again.  She was drenched.  Chris must have used her as a shield because he doesn't look near as wet.



No comments: