Monday, January 14, 2008

Snowmobiling

#21 on my list of things to do before I die: SnowmobilingApparently Scott says that between Wave Runners, 4 wheelers and Snowmobiles, he would choose Snowmobiles first. I disagree. It's not that I didn't have a fantastic day, because I did. It was so fun, but Scott's extra 50 pounds must be enough to allow him to actually control the sled. I, however, when leaning with all my weight to the right, was still somehow turning left. It must have been the 2-3 feet of powder. We had a great time, though. I would go again in a heart beat.... but my list still goes Wave Runners, 4 wheelers and THEN Snowmobiles. Who's with me?

7 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm with you. It's not that those snowy peaked mountains aren't beautiful... but I'll take the sun beating down on me while in a swimming suit anyday. Wave runners first... funny cuz I've never tried them but it's for sure on my list.

Sarah Walton said...

I've never gone snowmobiling, but it looks like fun! Although I'm still with you and Lisa on the order. . . I'll also take the water, sun, and swimsuits over mountains, snow, and 10 layers of clothing. I love wave runners! 4-wheeling is fun too, but my brother got hurt on the dunes when we went to Pismo Beach over Christmas . . .his 2nd time getting hurt on a 4 wheeler. I find myself becoming more and more cautious when I'm on one.

Krisser said...

Snowmobiles come in third with me too- wave-runners 2nd, and 4-wheelers/motorcycles 1st!!! Do you remember my wreck I had when I went to meet Foo's family for the first time that Christmas- not good, I've always been a little leery of them since!

The Seaquist Family said...

Ok, first of all you work right? Full time right? Maybe it isn't a Johnson thing when it comes to playing and vacationing - maybe it is a Walton thing. Looks beautiful. I myself have never driven one but it sure was fun to ride on the back (thus making the snowmobile heavier!) I love the wave runners too! Always water...much better than snow anyday!

The Kyles said...

Look at you all cute in your new jacket!! :D I'm glad you had fun! I'm excited about tonight, so I guess I'll see you later...

Lisa said...

Chris reminded me that I had been on waverunners... but on the back of him in the choppy ocean... I'm still waiting for the glass lake waverunners by myself!

Maren said...

Amy Lou! Your blog is way cute! I love all the fun pictures you take. However, I don't think I have ever driven a snowmmobile or a 4-wheeler. So I am with you- Jet Skis are my favorite (Wave Runners requires standing, right? way to much effort)