Monday, June 2, 2008

MOAB

Our ward had a ward "campout" this weekend. It was a little more like a ward slumber party since we all just threw our sleeping bags on the lawn of Bryan's home. It was definitely a party though. At around 12:30 am, Bryan, Megan, Will, Brenden and I snuck away for a midnight hike to Delicate Arch. The stars were amazing and there was definitely some potential for some seriously amazing photos if I could have figured out how to keep my shutter open for longer than 30 seconds. I was definitely frutrated since I had even remembered to bring my tripod. I almost called Mike, but it was about 2:00 am by this time. We all lied under the arch for about an hour giggling about things that are only funny at 2:oo in the morning before we headed to Denny's for... breakfast? We got back to "camp" at 5:00 am and crawled into our sleeping bags. It was already starting to get light and those pesky birds were already chirping. I managed to sleep until 7:00 am anyway and then got up with the rest of the ward for real breakfast. There were all kinds of activities to choose from, but our group went to "Honey Comb Rock" where we scrambled, climbed and spelunked until we were exhausted and sunburned.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun--fun people and beautiful desert country!! Glad you had a great time.

Sarah Walton said...

I'm glad you're having so much fun in your new ward!

Lisa said...

Sounds perfect. What great memories! Call me!!

Elisha and Scott said...

I knew you wouldn't have a problem fitting in. Glad to hear you are having a good time in your new ward.

The Seaquist Family said...

I think you are the ONLY person I know who can look that cute after camping, hiking, and getting no sleep. What a fun weekend!

Mike Walton said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! Too bad about the lost opportunity for great photos. You really could have called me; I was up until 6:00am anyway because my crazy work schedule. We'll go over that function sometime.