Sunday, June 15, 2008

Silver Lake

My bad knee is acting up, my forearms are sore, my skin is sunburned and my room smells like campfire. Yep, it was my kind of weekend.
We went up to American Fork Canyon to camp on Friday night. It was a cold night and I forgot to bring any socks, but once the sun came out in the morning, I got a couple of hours of good sleep before we headed off on our hike.

We went in roommate pairs: Bryan and Will (sides), Steve and Dave (middle), Kristin and Alli (ones taking the picture), and Brooke and I (center front).

We hiked up to Silver Lake, which as you can see is still covered in snow. The 90 degree weather balanced it out, though.

We ended the hike around 2:00 and headed home to hit up the pool. I was only there for less than an hour before I got the invite to got climbing. So with my bum knee, I limped back up the canyon to practice lead climbing with Matt and Dan. We finished off the evening with fireworks at Orem Summer Fest. Great weekend!

Ok, so I was pretty excited about the remote I just purchased, so while we sat around the campfire, I took long exposures of the sky. This was the only one that turned out half decent before my battery died. I'm anxious to power up and go try again.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

What a weekend. Some of those pictures are fabulous... especially the small one of the mountains and lake. So fun to see all your friends too. Hope you recover quickly so you can go and do it all again soon.

Anonymous said...

And I thought you said you weren't going camping. Glad things came together--looks like loads of fun except trying to sleep while freezing! great pictures.

Elisha and Scott said...

Looks beautiful. So much fun. Hope your knee gets better before the race.

Sarah Walton said...

Wow, that place is gorgeous! That's just up the American Fork Canyon? I have never even heard of that lake. Glad you had such a great weekend!

Brian Foster Walton said...

Sweet title amy. I love the Sasha pose in the snow. No wonder your knees were sore.

Unknown said...

GET OUT of that crazy-cold looking water! You are crazy!

Now if QK comes out with an icicle font, you will be set. Heh.