Sunday, October 11, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I can't take credit for this scrumptious little masterpiece. I let Sister Calendar do all the work. Who has time to bake pies? Still, I thought a peach and apple pie were just the right thing to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving. After all, what's more Canadian than apple pie? Amy and I invited several people over to partake of some Thanksgiving pie, but before they could eat, they had to answer some Canadian trivia. Actually, no one got any of them right, but we let them eat pie anyway. Let's see how you do...

What is the capitol of Canada?
How many provinces are in Canada?
How many territories are in Canada?
What line comes after "our home and native land" in the national anthem?
What is the Canadian National Sport?
What is the name of the one dollar coin?
Canada has how many time zones?
Name the first Prime Minister of Canada?
What year was the most recent territory in Canada formed?
What animal is on the Canadian quarter?

(answers are in the comments section)

I would expect you Canadians to get 100%! Actually, I got one of the these questions wrong. My friends, of course, made a lot of Canadian jokes and I made them watch a few I AM CANADIAN commercials. The whole event would have been much better as a Canada Day party, but Americans are usually a little too preoccupied with celebrating their own country around July 1st.

7 comments:

Amy Silva said...

1) Ottawa 2) 10 3) 3 4)True patriot love in all thy son's command 5) Lacrosse 6) The Loonie 7) 6 8) Sir John A. McDonald 9) 1999 10) Caribou (I got the last one wrong. I always thought it was a moose)

Mom said...

So fun. I got about half right. opps. We had apple pie too!

Angiegirl said...

No one got ANY of them right?! That's insane. I got all but #4 right. But I research Canada a lot for work. Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving!

Dad said...

Lacrosse ?? I thought it was Hocky. Have you ever heard of "Lacrosse Night In Canada" . . .NO! Mary and I went to a Lacrosse game once but I thought that the players looked funny with all that Hocky gear on and no skates.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Lisa said...

Yikes... where was I when they added another territory?

I thought it was hockey too.

Dan said...

Lisa, you were in the US. They don't get Canadian news.

I didn't know Lacrosse, but when you said no one got any right I figured it wasn't hockey, and I was thinking curling. Is it the indoor or outdoor lacrosse?

Happy Thanksgiving. Don't forget to come to Florida this weekend! See you soon.w

Amy Silva said...

Addendum: So, it turns out that originally, Lacrosse was the only Canadian National Sport, but in 1994, they added Hockey to share that title. So, to anyone who guessed Hockey as the national sport, you're right too.