Thursday, May 13, 2010

Jazz fans

Chris and I went to the Jazz/Lakers Game 4 playoffs game on Monday night. As you can see, we had stellar seats. We didn't have to worry about the people behind us not being able to see because, well, there was no one behind us. We periodically moved closer and closer and really even though we could barely make out the Jumbotron, it was just really fun to be there in the arena. Chris has always been a Lakers fan and since I have no allegiance, I may as well be too, right?
Turns out there are some pretty big Laker haters in Utah. Chris and I would just clap quietly each time the Lakers added to their 20+ point lead. I think my favorite "fan" moment happened before the game started. In the bustle of people finding their portals, a Lakers fan's drink was bumped and splattered all over the ground. He looked back in disgust and said, "Jazz Fans" and shook his head like Jazz fans are always knocking people's drinks out of their hands. Really? I love a good rivalry, but some people take this way too seriously.

2 comments:

David and Mary Walton said...

Was that place as electric as our hockey playoffs get? Maybe not if Jazz lost by that much. That would be very fun to go to....any playoffs would be.

Lisa said...

Wow. Is that a basketball court down there? Sounds like a great night!