Saturday, May 8, 2010

ZION Birthday

It's really all I wanted for my birthday. A camping trip. I get so antsy this time of year to get out into the great outdoors. I almost didn't tell everyone the forecast included lows of 33 degrees because I didn't want anyone to back out, but thankfully everyone was still on board and it couldn't have gotten below 40. The weather was great. Brisk jacket weather while we were hiking (wish I had brought a jacket) but wonderful in the sun.
We hiked hidden canyon, a non-technical canyon with some fun scrambling. Eventually, we reached the hard packed snow that rarely saw the sun. We hiked on this for a ways which mad coming back SO fun. We just skied on our shoes all the way down.

Attendees: Chris, Chris, Chris, Amy, Amy, James, and Collette

6 comments:

David and Mary Walton said...

You do look like you are having a very happy birthday. Cool place. Not sure I'm understanding the list of attendees...except for the Amy and Amy. I'm guessing the rest aren't in the picture? I thought more went than that.

Amy Silva said...

Yeah, we didn't get a photo of the whole group.

Sarah Walton said...

Hey Amy, looks like you had a great birthday!!

Unknown said...

You are crazy!
I like to escape to where it is warm and sandy for my birthday, and Amy chooses cold and snowy...lol.
Happy belated! Glad you had fun. :)

Silvs said...

I this Amy Lou's blog or Chris' blog? Enough pictures of that guy, more pictures of Amy!

Elisha and Scott said...

What a great way to spend a birthday! Live it up! Great pictures. I like the one where it looks like Chris has a nice squared off mohawk. Guess moms and dads weren't too creative with names 29 yrs ago huh? :)