Saturday, June 4, 2011

Dirty Dash


We had PERFECT weather for our mud run this morning.  It feels like summer is finally here.  More importantly, the consistency of the mud was exceptional, way better than last year.  It was thick and smooth and we were coated from head to foot by the end of it.

We came with a group of about seven, but Colette and Chris and I left them in the dust (well, mud I guess) within the first mile.  So just the three of us ran the race together.

This also marks my first organized race since elementary school track meets, or perhaps the first time I have earned myself a t-shirt.  Admittedly, if I had it my way, I would just eliminate the running portions and play in the mud, but I suppose there is a sense of accomplishment in completing a 5K.  Ok, stop laughing.  For ME there is a sense of accomplishment in completing a 5K.




Those are my feet... in camouflage.

4 comments:

Caitlin said...

So fun. I have always wanted to do a mud run! Although I too would prefer it without the running :)

David and Mary Walton said...

That mud does look exceptional!! You guys look great.

Elisha and Scott said...

Love it. We'll have to coordinate better next yr and do it together. Actually, isn't there one in october or september?

Lisa said...

I am very impressed by you accomplishing a 5K. Big stuff. I can't say that it looks like fun... but it looks like YOU had fun!