Tuesday, June 28, 2011

zion.

Chris and I headed down to Zion this weekend to meet up with our friends Andrew and Jessica.  They had gone down earlier to get Subway passes for us, but despite getting up at 4 in the morning to get in line, the passes were all gone by the time they got up to the window.  Instead, they purchased Keyhole passes for us.
Some of Andrew's friends happened to be camping near by and happened to have two extra passes to Pinecreek.  Pinecreek is one of my favorites.  I have done it twice.  Jessica had no interest in that canyon, so we let the boys go do Pinecreek in the morning and we'd meet up with them afterward.




Jessica and I went for a drive and then settled down at my favorite swimming hole for a while before hiking up the river to meet the boys.




We hiked up to this more remote swimming hole and waited for them there.   It was gorgeous and the 90 degree weather made it so enticing to jump in.





After lunch we headed to Keyhole.  I forgot how much I liked Keyhole too.  It's really short so it only takes a couple hours, but it's interesting the whole time with a few short rappels and a long cold swim.
We had an amazing weekend and can't wait to go again.



Here's Chris pulling cactus out of his hand.  Sad.








3 comments:

Elisha and Scott said...

That looks like sooo much fun. When can we drop our kids off and my bro's and sis-in-laws and head down with you guys? I would LOVE to do that!

David and Mary Walton said...

Looks great! I love that swimming hole you found. I think I would like one of those wet suits too except it doesn't give a very good tan.

Silvs said...

3 things:
1) My wife is the coolest.
2) I'm pretty sure I have three more needles in me still.
3) If I knew what my faces looked like as I was actually making them, I'm not sure I'd still make them, but thankfully I don't, so I will continue with that.