Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A Few of Jane's Favorite Things...

I have been collecting random photos of Jane doing her thing and now I'm finally getting around to posting a few of Jane's favorite things.  So in no particular order...

1. The mini tub.
Jane loves being carried around in the tub by daddy.  He puts her up on counters and such and she just giggles.











2.  My underwear.
Jane is seriously obsessed with putting my underwear over her head.  She finds it when I'm folding laundry or pulls it out of the dresser drawer with the rest of my workout clothes.  When I throw it in the dirty laundry bin, I have to hide it so she can't get her hands on it.  I don't know what her obsession is, but she would wear them all day long if I didn't keep taking them off of her.

3. Hats.
We have a few costume hats that we keep in the storage room upstairs.  Jane loves to go try them on and especially loves to pull Chris up there with her. 

4. The babyswing.
Peter doesn't really care for the swing, which is great because Jane has claimed it for herself.  She often brings books over there and casually swings back and forth while she reads.  She also loves his bouncy chair and has become quite the acrobat on that bouncing it to its limits.


5. Fantastic Mr. Fox
This has been her favorite for a while now.  She loves pretty much any kids movie, but only Fantastic Mr. Fox locks her into a daze that lasts the whole movie.  Monsters University is probably her second favorite and she lasts almost the whole way through that one too.

6.  A Bristle Block Pacifier.
Jane's never been a pacifier girl, but for some reason she loves putting this bristle block in her mouth and breathing heavily through it.  She does it all the time.  The side that's in her mouth actually looks exactly like the side that you can see, so she's not even sucking on anything.  She just holds it there.

7. Climbing on things.


8. Shoes
Jane's started wearing our shoes all over the house.  Now you never know where you're going to find your shoes.

9. Checking in on Peter.
I love how she comes over and checks on Peter periodically throughout the day.  She gives him kisses, makes her stuffed animals give him kisses, and talks gibberish in her little baby talk.

10. Watching Bubble Guppies.
She LOVES this show and would watch it all day every day if I would let her.  I record them so I can pop one on for her when I really need it.  I think they're cute, so I don't mind the background noise and as a result, I get Bubble Guppies songs stuck in my head all the time.

11.  Daddy's books.
This last month, Jane has really gotten interested in the grown-up bookshelf.  She has a few she repeatedly grabs.  Stephen King's Pet Cemetery is one, and for some reason I can't wrap my head around,  Critique of Practical Reasoning is another.  I can't imagine what she likes about that book, but she actually sits down and acts like she's reading it.


12. Bath time.
Yes, Jane gets very excited for bath time.  It's maybe the only word we spell when Chris and I talk to each other so she doesn't go galloping off to the tub or start taking her clothes off.  She always stands up in the tub.  She'll sit down if we ask her to, but it doesn't last long.  I think she just likes to walk around and play.  Interesting side note: Jane does not like bubble baths.  The bubbles really freak her out and she does not like them touching her.

Well, that's it for the favorites, but here are a few more cute photos that never got posted.


 I don't remember what this meltdown was about, but I'm sure it was completely justified.
These next photos were from about a month ago, but I forgot to post them.



3 comments:

David and Mary Walton said...

That was adorable!! I loved reading about all her favourites. Hope you do that for the other kids too! She is just so cute!!

Lisa said...

CUTE!!! So fun to read all of these cute things about her little personality. Love the gallery wall, by the way.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness- she is too cute!! So many of these made me laugh because Mariah is totally doing the same! the baby swing, the shoes, hats, adult books...so funny. Mariah and Jane would be in heaven with each other right now.