Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Peter (3 months) and Jane (19 months)


PETER
At two and a half months, I was surprised to come into the room and find that Peter had rolled over for the first time.  He got pretty good at it and did it almost every day over the next couple weeks, but never when I was there to see.  I finally got to witness his little maneuver at about 3 months and by then it was a smooth as ever.  He only rolls from his tummy to his back, though.
Peter has suddenly decided he HATES driving in the car.  He used to go to sleep as soon as he got in the car, but somewhere in the last month he changed his tune.  Now he just cries full throttle whenever we go anywhere whether it's 5 minutes or an hour.  He's fine in his car seat before we put him in the car and as soon as the car stops and we lift his car seat our, and generally, he's just fine when he's in his car seat in the stroller, but the car is a nightmare for him.  Any ideas what's going on?
He loves being in the Bjorn carrier and I wear it every time we go grocery shopping.  It frees up so much room in the car and takes the pressure off of trying to get all the shopping done before he needs to be picked up.
Peter is a naturally warm kid.  He takes after his dad that way.  I tend to be cold all the time and I think Jane inherited my cold hands, but Peter is always pretty hot.
He smiles easily now and coos a lot.  He loves the bath and calms down immediately when he hears the rushing water.  He's just started swatting at his hanging toys.


Jane's just checking in on Peter again.  Sometimes she lays down beside him on his activity mat and jiggles the toys for him.  


Our little shark boy.






JANE
I think Jane is at such a fun age.  I love checking in on what she's up to because it's usually pretty entertaining or just really sweet.  She generally doesn't make much of a mess outside of pulling all of her toys out, so I don't worry about her too much.  Sometimes I find that she's pulled all of daddys ties down and is wearing several around her neck.  Sometimes she's reading books to her stuffed animals.  Sometimes she's playing with the pots in the kitchen, but always, she's singing her own made up songs in her own made up language.  Just recently, I came in and found her breast feeding Buster, her bunny.  They have a very close relationship.  
She still isn't talking much.  She knows just enough words that she's not technically "developmentally behind".   She's very happy all the time and she's fun to do things with because her enthusiasm is contagious.  When I ask her something like "Do you want to go to the grocery store?"  She answers with "YAY!"  If I turn on the TV at all, it gets a "Yay" too.  When we go outside, she'll stop suddenly and point up at something like a tree and say, "Whoaaa!".  Yes, this world is pretty exciting place and it's fun to see it all through her eyes now.
I gave Jane the bread to help me bring in while I gathered the rest of the groceries.  She was pretty excited to be my little helper.  When I put everything else away, I remember the bread and found her in the living room just helping herself.  She always makes me smile.





4 comments:

Jessica Mitchell said...

I just love your kids! Is Jane in nursery now?? And that quilt you made Peter is amazing. I love it!!!!

(I'm assuming you made the quilt!)

Unknown said...

Love the update! I can't believe how big Peter already is...he was just a little tiny peanut a couple months ago!

Marietta said...

I've heard of babies getting carsick, maybe that's what's going on for him. But I'm not sure how to remedy that :/ such cute pictures!

Lisa said...

Love the pictures. Cute cute kids.