Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Jane at 2 (and 8 months)


Jane loves her dresses and loves to dance and twirl.  Sometimes she closes her eyes and really feels the music.  It's pretty fun.

The other day I overheard Jane singing, “Magic, magic, magic, Oooooooo, Magic in me!”  Recognizing the song from B.O.B, I started singing along.  Jane stopped and looked at me.  “Mommy, you know dat song?”  Are you kidding me?  YOU know that song, Jane?

Once when I was outside with the kids, Peter’s shoe came off.  “Where did your shoe go?”  I asked him.  Jane, without looking up from playing in the sand said, “Where’s Peter’s shoe?  Help us find Peter’s shoe. When you see Peter’s shoe, say SHOE.”  Maybe this girl has been watching a little too much Bubble Guppies.

Jane was watching a recorded Bubble Guppies once, when Peter got a hold of the remote and switched it to live TV.  It landed on a baseball game and Jane said, “No, Pete, dat’s daddy’s show.  I watch Jane’s show.”  I love that she knows sports are daddy’s shows. 

Jane declares her love for all kinds of things all the time… 
Get your shoes on Jane.  “I LOVE my shoes.”
Look at the Lion, Jane.  “I LOVE lions.”
“What’s dat called, Mommy?”  “That’s a lemur”.  “I LOVE lemurs”
“Mommy, I go pee and poops in da potty.  I LOVE pee and poops!”

Jane loves to sing but she always needs a microphone.  Her go-to microphone is a  bulb-syringe nose sucker,  but if that’s not around, she usually has a wooden hot dog that does the trick.


Her favorite color is whatever she is wearing… and your favorite color is whatever you are wearing.  She always has to look down at her wardrobe before she answers the question.

Last night after I put Pete to bed, Jane and I sat on the porch swing and I asked her some questions.  
What is your favorite color?  (looks down) Red
What is your favorite animal?  Orcas and polar bears and giraffes
What is your favorite thing to eat?  tortillas... and lollipops
Who is your favorite person to hug?  Daddy
What do you like to do best in Nursery?  Play with play-doh
What is your favorite toy to play with?  The circles and the stars and the flowers (I think she's talking about some shape sorting blocks that she NEVER plays with).






Jane said they were having a picnic. 


No comments: