Friday, September 21, 2007

I LOVE MY JOB!


Yes, I definitely love my job. This is living! We flew down to Vegas for the last Memory Trends trade show ever. Which also means my last stay in the Venetian for a very long time. Too bad. I was becoming quite accustomed to those plush Venetian robes, chocolate pillow mints, Valet service, and TVs in the bedroom, living room, AND bathroom.

Ok, this was my favorite part, so I had to take a pictures: a place to sit and get ready. It even had one of those magnifying mirrors. I loved it!

Show Reviews:
Mystere by Cirque Du Soleil
On Tuesday night we took our top accounts to see Mystere. It was fantastic, of course, but definitely not my favorite Cirque Du Soleil. I has a more traditional feel, as one acrobatic act follows another with little story or continuity. The clown was very good though, and involved the audience more than the other shows I have seen.

Ka by Cirque Du Soleil
On Wednesday night, the whole group went to see Ka, a brand new Cirque Du Soleil with a martial arts/fighting spin. It was phenomenal. The set was incredible and the stage rotated on all angles and eventually, entirely vertical with the artists fighting 150 feet in the air. Occasionally a dying actor would fall from the stage into the nothingness below. This show had the best baton twirling, most impressive shadow puppets, and cool speakers in each headrest.

La Reve
We saw La Reve last year. It's not a Cirque Du Soleil, but it's created by Dragone the same Director that did Mystere. It has a Cirque Du Soleil feel to me. It was probably my favorite. The theater is small and round so everyone has a good seat and in the center is a stage that drops down to be a pool half the time. The diving was incredible, the clowns were hilarious, and the topless dancer was totally unexpected. (We closed our eyes for a while as the men in our group giggled like little boys.) The good new is, I hear she puts clothes on for the earlier show.

Before the trade show started, Andrea, Melanie, and I hit the Prim Outlet Mall and found our "Best Friends" bracelets that we decided needed to be part of our work uniform.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Amy, love it! Love the title, love the hotel pictures, love everything. Did you see Becky Higgins? I heard she was there. Looks like a fun time, too bad it's the last one!

Anonymous said...

Amy, that is great! What a cute idea about the hotel pictures and the show reviews. And I loved seeing the group you were with. Thanks for the update.

Elisha and Scott said...

Amy, thanks for the update. I have to remember if I want to know what's going on, I better check the blog. Good to hear you had a fun time. Loved the photos in the robe.