Thursday, July 22, 2010

West Coast Independence Day

   

What is more American than a baseball game, right?  Chris picked me up from LAX and we went straight to the Angels' game... who lost, but the fireworks afterward were spectacular.



I know what you're thinking.  Where can I get a sweet oversized alpine sweater?  Well, at a surf shop in California, of course.  AND it was on sale!  Score!

On Saturday, July 3rd we celebrated the all too forgotten day of preparation for the signing of the declaration of independence by spending the whole day at the beach.  We played bocci, goofy golf, smashball and wiffleball and then stuffed our faces with "Freedom Dogs".  Born of Seth Redford's creativity, Freedom Dogs are simply hot dogs, sliced open and crammed with cheese and then wrapped in bacon.  I actually ate a whole half!  Not bad, huh!  I can party with the Americans.
(I just had to include one of Chris' Bay Watch pictures. Hot stuff!)

No comments: