Saturday, July 31, 2010

Chicago by Day


Jake, Kris and I found a little time on Monday to hit up Chicago in the day time.  I mostly wanted to see the big reflective bean, so we headed down to Millennium Park.  Chicago is such a cool city and we were clearly tourists.  We stopped on one random side street to capture the sun hitting the fire escape on this building.  Three of us shooting this one building attracted the attention of other photographers and soon two more stopped.  With five of us now pointing our cameras at one building, locals started asking us what was going on. We had to just inform them that we're from out of town and fire escapes are new to us.

The bean was really fun to photograph.  I would love to go back and shoot it early in the morning when there aren't too many people around... and maybe just after they have cleaned it.






3 comments:

Dan said...

Isn't Chicago awesome. It's such a fun town to photograph, especially at night. It's amazing how many people are out at the wee hours of the morning.

Lisa said...

I love the bean! Great shots of the bean reflecting the city. You have a great eye. I love Chicago! AND I LOVE YOUR HAIR.

Jacob Jenne said...

Why do you hide these amazing shots on your personal blog? I guess I've been following the wrong site all along.