Tuesday, April 26, 2011

the reception

We had our wedding reception at the Salt Lake Hardware Building.  I just fell in love with this building from the moment I walked in.  Brick walls, exposed wood beams, arches, and a huge atrium... it was exactly what I was looking for.  Then adding in lights, fabric pennants, blue glass mason jars, and white flowers, it was perfect.  Right from the moment we started setting up, I was in heaven.  It was so fun to see everything I had been working come together.  I was having SO much fun.





For the beverages, we did "his favorite" (coke) and "her favorite" (propel) and then another bin of "maybe your favorites" (izze drinks)





My brothers surprised us with a song they had written welcoming Chris to the family and warning him about my "baggage".  It was clever and hilarious and so true.  I loved it!  Thanks, guys.


They made me speak, and this is what happens when you make a Polley/Walton speak at her own wedding.










4 comments:

Stephanie said...

The wedding was beautiful Amy - you looked gorgeous!
Huge congrats again and many wishes for a wonderful happy life together! :-)

Elisha and Scott said...

Amazing pictures. It was an incredible place! Thanks for letting us share in this special occasion with you!

Lisa said...

SOOO much fun to see all the pictures. I love the one of you dancing with Dad. It was such a great reception. Fun to hear your thoughts about it!

David and Mary Walton said...

Wow, those pictures look so professional!! Amazing shots. He got all the ones we were thinking we got, or wanted to get. It was all wonderful, and a very happy day.