Thursday, April 28, 2011

birthday weekend

It's a pretty awesome tradition if you ask me.  I go on vacation for my birthday... every year.  I don't even plan it that way, April is just a great vacation month.

2006 Caribbean Cruise
2007 Mexican Riviera Cruise
2008 Ohio
2009 Italy
2010 Zion National Park

This year, we headed down to sunny California.  Actually, we went down for our wedding open house.  It was a small casual even at Chris' dad's house.  Juliana planned the whole thing and she did an amazing job! Erik and Juliana have a gorgeous backyard and they did a lot of work in preparation for the event.  It turned out beautifully.









It's a fish cake.  At least that's what it looked like.  Really it was a fried salmon with some kind of sour cream sauce on it.  I heard it was pretty good.


They moved the jaguar outside for the special event.







We had a wonderful time visiting with friends the whole evening.

For my birthday, Chris and I decided to go to Knott's Berry Farm.  It was fun.  We both just love the atmosphere of amusement parks. Then we went straight to an Angel's game.  This boy loves the Angels. It was fun, even though we lost.  

3 comments:

Elisa said...

Their backyard is beautiful and all that food looked amazing!!!

Caitlin said...

I think there were also a couple of rousing games of trains thrown in the mix as well -- with the birthday girl putting us all to shame! It was great to see you guys :)

Dave said...

Crap. I leave to get my wife a hot dog and you guys take pictures.

Your plan to effectively edge me out of Silva's life is really coming together, isn't it Amy?