Monday, October 29, 2012

Jane's Blessing


Jane was blessed yesterday.  Scott and Elisha, Andrew and Jessica, Greg and Sherrill, Marshall and Marietta, Colette, and Shay all showed up to support.  It was great to have so many wonderful friends there.  Chris had Scott, Greg, and Andrew stand in the circle with him.  I asked Chris a few weeks ago if he was nervous about it at all and he said he wasn’t.  Afterward, he reported he was kind of nervous when it came time, but you wouldn’t know it.  He did a great job and it was a beautiful blessing.  I cried, but Jane remained quiet and alert through the blessing.  She is such a wonderful baby.  We are so blessed to have her in our lives.



Isn't she adorable?  She was killing me with all her smiles in this photo shoot.  Jane’s dress was modified from a pinafore that my mom found in her trunk.  We know she got it from her mother’s trunk, but that’s about it.  I love it though, and Jane looked beautiful.  






 This is when you know the photo shoot is over.

9 comments:

David and Mary Walton said...

Soooo Cute!! She looks adorable with smiles and all. Love the family shot. What a darling little family. The dress worked very well....love it.

Laura said...

Love the dress. She looks absolutely precious

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, what a doll. Love those smiles. Beautiful dress and cute headband too! I wish we could have been there. What a special day.

David and Mary Walton said...

Actually, the dress was in my grandmother's trunk at my mother's house.

Dave said...

OH MY!!! SO BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to meet her!

Caitlin said...

What a sweet occasion -- we wish we could have been there! I love her special dress. We can't wait to see you all next month!

Elisa said...

Her dress is darling! What a great day.

Jessica Mitchell said...

The dress turned out beautifully and these photos are AMAZING. So cute! We are so glad we got to see you guys!!

Emily said...

Adorable baby and dress and everything. I love baby blessings.