Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Holland, Michigan


Last weekend, we went out to Holland, MI, a quaint Dutch town on the coast of Lake Michigan.  It was a quick trip.  We drove out Saturday morning, and went straight to the beach.  We didn’t have great weather in the forecast, so when we saw it was sunny, we decided it was beach time.  As we walked to the beach, the sun was hot on us.  We wondered if we would get into our swimsuits.  But when we settled onto the gorgeous sand, the sun went away and I pulled out my sweatshirt.  We let Jane play in the sand for a little while and then decided to go get some food.  As we walked back to our car, the sun came back out.  Go figure.  It was cool to see a Great Lakes beach, though.  Lake Michigan is just huge.  It looks just like the ocean with little waves.   


Mike and Lauren decided to drive out and meet us, so we met up with them for lunch and then headed to the Dutch Village.  From everything we read, the village sounded great, but we were all under the impression that it was going to be a little more authentic looking.  It turns out it was just a little kids mini amusement park with a couple rides and a petting zoo.  When we walked in, Chris looked at me and said, “so where do I get my putter and my golf ball?”  It looked exactly like a miniature golf course.  That being said, we still had a lot of fun walking around, taking pictures, learning a Dutch dance, riding the carousel, and holding cute fluffy bunnies.  We still wish we had gone to Windmill Island Park.  Apparently that has the more authentic Dutch culture we were looking for.   





Jane loved the carousel.  It was fun to see her little eyes of wonder.





Aren't they so cute together?  Future BYU roommates.








I was officially weighed by the weighmaster and found NOT guilty of witchcraft.  This certificate is good for life.


Tuckered out.  I love it when she cuddles in to me.

2 comments:

David and Mary Walton said...

LOVE that last picture!!!

Elisha and Scott said...

So funny, I've been there too! I think I tried on the same wooden shoes :-) Cutest picture of the future BYU roommates!