Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Hawaii - Mother's Day

Our second day in Hawaii was Mother's day.  I wanted some Mothers Day pictures with my two kiddos, but they weren't really cooperating... probably because I tried to have Jane stand in the sand. I just love these two more than I could have known and I love being a mother.  It is such a joy and brings so much fun and fulfillment to my life.


At church we got Mother's Day leis.  I have to admit, I was a little disappointed when I didn't get a lei when I arrived in Hawaii, so this made it all better.




These two were so cute together and I loved that whenever I tried to get a picture of the two of them, Jane would try and put her arm around Quinn.  I'm training her little by little.





That evening we went to Pearl Harbor.  I have to admit. It was a bit of a let down.  We were supposed to watch a video about that day and then they take you on a boat out to the USS Arizona Memorial.  Unfortunately, the theater was out of commission for some reason, but they didn't even bother to tell us.  They just took us straight out to the memorial.  I think it would have had a bigger impact if we could have seen the movie first.  Also, Jane was a bit of a wild child the whole time.  She looks sweet, but she was pretty cranky.




 Here you can see Jane is at her wits end.  We finally decided it was time to reveal to her that the toy she had been carrying around the whole time was actually a lollipop.  (Yes, I am not above bribing my kids).  She went from a cranky monster to this sweet little angel.


 Just a little girl and her lollipop...



1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahhaha i laughed out loud at the lolly pop pictures! amazing what a little "incentive" can do ! Looks like this was an amazing fun filled trip!!