Sunday, May 1, 2011

breaking and entering

Only a few hours from home, Chris and I discovered that we had left our apartment keys in California.  Crap.  Neither of us had our new landlord's number and our apartment is on the second floor.  When we arrived, it was freezing and dark.  (Our street has no street lights.  It's SO dark).  We tried the window next to our back deck, but it was locked.  So this is where things got interesting.  Our living room windows are over 10 feet from the ground.  Chris lifted me up so I was standing on his shoulders.  Then he lifted me up on his hands, arms fully extended.  We sang the cougar fight song, all cheerleader style and then I tore through the screen of our living room window.  It was tricky to get the proper leverage to slide the window open, and even trickier to pull myself inside when I was laughing so hard, but in the end we were successful.  So now we know how to break into our house when we're locked out... and now all of you know too.  

3 comments:

David and Mary Walton said...

Too bad you didn't have someone to take a picture. I'm not sure what we would have done.

Dan said...

That's great. No neighbors got suspicious? I locked us out of the house on the way to Church a couple months ago. Took me about 10 seconds to pop the lock open with a credit card. Good thing the dead bolt wasn't locked too.

Lisa said...

I wish I could see the movie of that! So funny.