Sunday, May 1, 2011

Chris ran the Thanksgiving Point half marathon on Saturday.  Look how excited he is right before he left.


Ok.  This one is a little more accurate.  But who would be excited waking up at 5:30 am to run 13 miles in 2 and a half inches of snow?  The race started at 7 am and it was SO cold.  As we went to bed the night before Chris said, "if we both happened to sleep in tomorrow, that would be ok."  I think half the accomplishment for him yesterday was pulling himself out of bed for that.  It's funny too,  I'm sure many people have been anticipating this day for quite some time.  Chris kept forgetting he was running on Saturday.  We almost forgot to pick up his packet the night before.  I guess when you run marathons, throwing in a half marathon now and then is no big deal.    It would be a HUGE deal to me.  I can't imagine running 13 miles.

Anyway, Thanksgiving point was having their tulip festival at the time, so my plan was to watch my hubby take off and then head to the gardens to take some pictures of the frost bitten flowers.  






the tulip festival













Isn't this ranunculus incredible?  It's so full.  I love it.



3 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow... gorgeous pictures, Amy. And Congrats on another marathon, Chris. I would have totally slept in. What is with that crazy Utah weather?

David and Mary Walton said...

Way to go, Chris! I can't believe what a downer it would be to have to run in snow! Crazy. Great pictures, Amy!

Elisha and Scott said...

Congrats Chris, that is funny you almost forgot you were running!