Saturday, May 7, 2011

perks.


Chris and I have been wanting to go to a Salt Lake Real game for a while now.  We finally scheduled a date and planned it for the first game of the regular season.  A few days before the game, my coworker came to me and asked me if I wanted tickets to the Real game.  You see, Silhouette had donated a couple of machines to a special mother's day half time event, so they offered us 4 tickets.  Sweet! 


Our VIP tickets came with lunch and free snacks and cold beverages throughout the game...

...front row seats (on the field level)...


... and my favorite part, a press pass for me, so I could wander around the sidelines and take pictures of the game!  I LOVED it, and barely spent any time in my seat.  Really, the press pass was available to me, so I could be on the field to shoot this event.

50 moms sprinting to the prizes of their choice. 

Fun.  But I like shooting this stuff better.

This turned out to be a broken tibia, broken fibula, dislocated ankle and torn ligaments. Poor guy.  He looked like he was in so much pain... and now out for the whole season too!


Salt Lake Real fans are funny (or soccer fans in general).  This section did not stop playing the drums the ENTIRE TIME!  I don't think the smoke machine let up either.





 This was just after he let the ball in... and so was this!




This one was sad.  He totally beat the goalie and then completely missed the goal. 


I had SO much fun shooting from the side lines.  Sometimes, I'm just amazed at the unexpected perks that have come with my job.
















5 comments:

Laura-Lu said...

Well if you stopped working for Silhouette, heaven forbid, you'd have a successful career as a sports photographer. Amazing shots!

David and Mary Walton said...

What a fun, fun day!! Those are some awesome pictures.

Sarah Walton said...

Seriously! Those pictures are AMAZING! What a fun thing to go do. Those pics of the moms running for the silhouette are hilarious . . . that poor pregnant lady in the back! haha.

The Seaquist Family said...

So cool, but the funniest part is that particular drum/smoke section - they all had Xango shirts on...my brother-in-law works for that company. Pretty funny (to me at least). Wish I was on the field running for those machines. How fun! You do have a pretty sweet job!

scott said...

WOW, those are some fabulous shots. Looks like a great day!