Sunday, May 8, 2011

moms and mother's day.

I got a flower today at church in anticipation of the incredible mom that I may some day be.  A little presumptuous perhaps, but I accepted anyway.  Now I'll HAVE to try and be a good mom.

How ironic is it that today I went to a family ward and got a flower on Mother's day and my mom went to a singles ward, and I'm assuming, received no flower?  Just a thought.  I haven't been in a family ward for a proper mother's day celebration for years and years.  (Obviously, since I'm making such a big deal about the flower).  It was darling to hear 4 children and youth speak on their mothers.  I don't care who's kids they are.  I cry when I hear children saying such profound things like "I am a child of God."  Most of the world doesn't even understand that.  I cried all through sacrament meeting.  Can you imagine if those were MY children?  I'm going to be a wreck when motherhood hits.  If my kids are sweet, I'm going to cry and if they are rotten, I'll probably cry more. Chris thinks it endearing, which means he laughs at me.  We'll see who's laughing when my eyes are permanently swollen and red!  It won't be me...  I'll still be crying.

Well, on to more important stuff.  My mom and other great moms.


























I couldn't be more grateful for the relationship I have with my mom.  She has always been supportive of my decisions and taught me to rely on the Lord for answers.  Her wise council has helped me make some of the most important choices in my life, but more importantly, her love and empathy has taught me that she trusted me to make the right decisions anyway.
I am grateful for her example, her consistency, her diligences, her love, her weaknesses, and her strength.    I see these same qualities in these other great moms and I feel blessed to have their experience at my back for when I will need their help.


Thank you, thank you, thank you to all the awesome moms out there making this world and my life as great as it can be.  I love you.

5 comments:

Marietta said...

I just wanted to say the primary (which means three girls) sung in our sacrament meeting today. I looked around at the congregation and every single person had huge smiles on their faces. Kids really to bring joy! I loved it!

Sarah Walton said...

Amy, I can't wait for you to be a mom!!! You are seriously going to be such an incredible mom . . . you'll put the rest of us to shame:)

David and Mary Walton said...

I love that post. And I love you.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Sweet words, Am. Love you!!